Early Years Educators - Level 2 and Level 3 - Needed for immediate starts on a permanent basis
Starfyn Education are looking for Early Years Educators that will be responsible for helping to ensure the smooth running of their room. Working as a team to ensure a high-quality environment for children at all times.
Purpose of Post:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the setting.
- To help ensure a high-quality environment through ensuring their own constant never ending improvement.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- To build and maintain strong partnership with parents to enable children's needs to be met.
- To understand and implement the core values within the company.
- To keep the children safe and happy
- To educate the children through play and activities
- To comply with all the organisation's policies and procedures
- To attend training as required, and complete all assignments set
- To work as part of the staff team
- To liaise with and support the Room leader
- Be happy to work in other areas of the nursery when necessary
Responsible to: Deputy Manager/ Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- The focus of the Educators will be to help develop and maintain the quality of education within their room always ensuring an age and stage appropriate environment.
- The educators will help train and develop new and current staff.
- Ensure they deploy themselves adequately around the room to ensure that sight lines are maintained
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To understand and implement the observation methods used.
- To ensure a culture of high-quality learning within the setting.
- To understand and embody the company's core values, culture and ethics.
- Liaising with outside agencies to develop practise and develop children's learning.
- To evaluate their practise and develop where necessary.
- To keep up to date with relevant changes in educational practises and implement within their room.
- Engage in a good staff team through a high standard of teamwork and communication.
- To be a key person and ensure that a high standard of care is given at all times.
- Ensure they understand and adhere to the key person approach.
- Ensure they understand and comply with the company's policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment which meets the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To liaise with the team on a day-to-day basis. Regarding children, parents, the safety of the environment, any floor-based hearsay or conflict preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To take part in, training, monthly staff meetings, Christmas party, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside staff team to ensure that the setting's philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the role and safe running of the setting.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to always uphold its standards, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained.
- To be aware of all food restrictions and allergies within the room and to serve food in compliance with the relevant policies.
- Ensure that all safeguarding and whistle blowing policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that that the room meets high standards of health and safety, reporting any faulty equipment and completing daily risk assessments.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of care are provided.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
In addition, an Early Years Educator should:
- Work with the room leader to create a supportive environment for all staff which encourages feedback and reflection.
- Devise a range of activities within their room which develop and expand on the children's interests.
- To provide support to unqualified team members and students who are pursuing a childcare qualification.
- To have an awareness of the requirements of the nursery as a whole and to be familiar with the routines of each of the rooms.
- To ensure planning and observation targets are being met.
- Support the room leader in inducting new staff.
- Be competent in relevant nursery software.
- Take pride in their work and want to progress and develop their skill set to ensure they are providing the highest quality environment for the children.
If you meet the requirements of the Nursery and would like to apply, please send your CV