Starfyn Recruitment is working with a well-established Umbrella Payroll Provider who is looking to grow their current payroll team. They are looking for someone with previous experience within a similar role or someone with an accounting qualification who is looking to kickstart their career.
Our client works with hundreds of recruitment agencies throughout the UK across multiple sectors.
They are looking for someone to join as a Payroll Clerk, this is a full-time position and due to the nature of the business, it doesn't offer any hybrid or work from home options.
£22,000 to £26,000
Your duties will include:
- Arrange the payment of salaries through the computerised payroll system
- Administer the Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay schemes
- To process leavers
- Processing of expenses
- Provide advice to employees in relation to pay, Taxation and National insurance
- To complete various forms required by HMRC
- Answer inbound calls and deal with queries
- To assist with Right to Work and Document Checks
- To assist with Contactor and Agency Registrations
- Day to Day administration as required
Requirements of the role:
- Have some aspect of accounting/payroll experience
- Able to demonstrate aptitude of using figures
- Excellent attention to detail and a hands-on approach
- You should be confident with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment and able to multitask
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines